American International College of Arts and Sciences – Antigua’s (AICASA) pre-med program gives qualified premedical students the opportunity to complete 60 undergraduate school credits, including all prerequisites required to enter medical school, in two years. It also provides an opportunity for students who are missing specific medical school prerequisites.
Through an articulation agreement with AICASA, American University of Antigua College of Medicine (AUA) offers a program that gives students the opportunity to begin their medical education after graduating from high school. Qualified graduates of AICASA’s two-year Associate’s Degree in Health Sciences are given preferential admission status to AUA College of Medicine.
The Associate of Science in Health Sciences Program at AICASA is accredited by the Accrediting Council of Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), a United States-recognized accrediting body.
To apply, applicants must have earned a high school degree.
Applicants must submit the following along with their application:
- A completed application form
- A personal statement explaining:
- Why you are considering a career in your chosen field of study
- How you will be an asset to the college
- Your accomplishments, activities, and any other relevant information
- Resume or CV is not required, but encouraged
- Official transcripts from all secondary and postsecondary schools attended
- Two official letters of recommendation, one of which must be from an academic source
- A nonrefundable U.S. $75 application fee in the form of a U.S. or Canadian-drawn check or money order made payable to the American International College of Arts and Sciences—Antigua