Canadian Applicants Program Overview
- Apply to Medical School
- Admission Requirements
- Tuition and Financial Aid
- Webinars and Events
- International Applications
- Canadian Applicants
- Canadian Applicants
- Indian Applicants
- UK Applicants
- Resources for Prehealth and Premed Advisors
- Campus Tour
American University of Antigua College of Medicine provides an MD curriculum for aspiring physicians that’s similar to US and Canadian medical schools. As you may know, the number of available Canadian medical school seats is extremely limited. Thousands of aspiring physicians are left out of the selection process, and as a top Caribbean medical school, AUA was created in part to give students in similar predicaments a viable path to residency and practice.
AUA’s educational program leading to the Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree is a 4.5-year program. It consists of two years of Preclinical Sciences coursework on the AUA campus in Antigua and 84 weeks of study in the Clinical Sciences at teaching hospitals throughout the United States where students complete their core and elective rotations. Rotations are also available in Canada, India, and the United Kingdom.
Canada Clinical Rotation Sites
AUA students from Canada have completed clinical rotations at the following Canadian medical schools and clinical sites. You might recognize a few of them!
- Charles S. Curtis Memorial Hospital
- Cumberland Regional Health Care Centre/Dalhousie
- Dalhousie University
- Divisions of Family Practice – Surrey, Langley & Delta
- Faculty Of Medicine – McGill University
- Grey Bruce Health Services
- Homewood Health Center
- Joseph Bryant Memorial Hospital
- McMaster University
- McMaster University Medical Center
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Queen Elizabeth Health Sciences Center
- Queen’s University – Hotel Dieu Hospital
- Queen’s University School of Medicine
- Schulich School of Medicine
- St. Joseph’s Health Center
- The Hospital for Sick Children
- University of Manitoba
- University of Manitoba, Health Sciences Center
- University of Ottawa Department of Medicine
- University of Toronto
- Vancouver General Hospital
AUA Canadian medical school applicants do not need to submit MCAT scores to be considered for admission to AUA. As opposed to other international students, aspiring Canadian medical school students do not need to submit official TOEFL or IELTS score reports to apply to AUA.
- Official transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary schools attended
- Two letters of recommendation:
- Academic source
- Professional source
- Passport-sized photo
- Personal statement
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Complete application form
OUR PRE-MED PROGRAM
AICASA Premedical Program
AUA has an articulation agreement with the American International College of Arts and Sciences – Antigua (AICASA). Qualified students who complete premedical coursework at AICASA are guaranteed acceptance into AUA College of Medicine.
- Qualified high school graduates or students with 4 advanced Levels: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, and English (preferably with grades of A or B) are eligible to complete premedical coursework at AICASA.
- Non-degree courses can be taken to complete missing prerequisites and/or strengthen academic skills.
- Graduates receive an Associate of Science (AS) in Health Sciences.
- AICASA is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), a national accrediting body of degree-granting schools in the U.S.
Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE)
Manipal and Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) are words that immediately relate to excellence in higher education. Established over 6 decades ago, MAHE boasts of some of the finest institutions including Kasturba Medical College (KMC) and Manipal Institute of Technology. KMC is one of the best medical institutions in Asia and is synonymous with quality medical education in the world. State-of-the-art infrastructure and well qualified, experienced, and highly respected faculty have contributed to MAHE’s accomplishment in education and research. Students from over 59 countries successfully pursue their dreams in MAHE.
Contact Your Canada Director of Admissions