2021 Commencement Ceremony
The Virtual Commencement Ceremony for American University of Antigua College of Medicine’s Class of 2021 took place on Thursday, June 3, 2021. There were just under 800 enthusiastic graduates, distinguished AUA faculty, a host of AUA staff members, and countless proud family and friends in virtual attendance. It was an incredibly uplifting celebration of achievement.
There were also many past and present AUA dignitaries and professionals that spoke at the ceremony, including:
- Neal Simon, JD, AUA President and Founder
- Dr. Robert Mallin, University Provost
- Dr. Peter Bell, Vice President Global Education and Executive Dean Clinical Sciences
- Vernon Solomon, Vice President for Administration & Community Affairs
- AUA alumnus Osman Ali, currently a gastroenterology and hepatology fellow at University of Maryland Medical Center
The keynote speaker for the event was Representative Susan Wild, who was elected as the first woman to represent Pennsylvania’s 7th Congressional District in the U.S. House of Representatives. Her uplifting speech sent our students off into the world with the necessary motivation to achieve all they’ve ever dreamed of and more. With their AUA education and an ever-expanding network of accomplished alumni and affiliates, we are confident that our 2021 graduates are destined for greatness, and give them all our most sincere congratulations!