AUA has established agreements with select universities and colleges based on a review of their academic programs and/or the success of their graduates in obtaining an MD at AUA.
American International College of Arts and Sciences – Antigua (AICASA)
AUA’s associate college, American International College of Arts and Sciences – Antigua (AICASA) provides students who obtain an Associate Degree from AICASA automatic admission into AUA College of Medicine as long as they meet conditions. Visit the official AICASA webpage for additional details.
Florida International University
Graduates of Florida International University (FIU) who maintain a minimum GPA, have taken the necessary prerequisite courses and obtain a letter of support from the university dean of other university official are given preferred admission to AUA.
AUA has a unique collaboration with FIU Herbert Wertheim School of Medicine where qualified AUA students can return to FIU Herbert Wertheim School of Medicine for their last two years of medical education (Clinical Sciences). While this opportunity is open to all qualified students, students from FIU find this program particularly appealing.
Note: While students are in attendance at FIU Herbert Wertheim School of Medicine for their clinical years, they will receive their MD degrees from AUA upon meeting all graduation requirements. See the FIU Herbert Wertheim School of Medicine page on this site for additional information regarding this program.
(FIU) Robert Stempel College of Public Health and Social Work MPH Program
As an additional benefit to AUA’s collaboration with Florida International University, AUA students and graduates will be able to apply to the Masters of Public Health program at Robert Stempel College of Public Health and Social Work and receive priority admission review. In addition, the agreement recognizes predetermined courses taken by AUA students. Earning an MPH at Stempel College will provide students with advanced training in the field of public health and an understanding of how to work with local, national, and global communities to improve health and well-being.
Graduates of the schools below are guaranteed admission to AUA as long as they meet certain conditions. These include a minimum GPA and a letter of support from the school’s dean or other official attesting to the applicant’s character. While admission from these select schools is guaranteed subject to the above conditions, applicants must still submit applications for admission.
The following schools, which have agreements with AUA, have been selected by AUA based on a review of their educational programs and the success of their graduates.
Graduates from participating universities below may be eligible for a Preferred Program Grant (limited number of awards available) in addition to any scholarships they may be eligible to receive from AUA.
Participating Universities and Colleges
- Abbey College Cambridge – Cambridge, England
- American International College of Arts and Sciences–Antigua – Coolidge, Antigua
- Assumption University – Worcester, MA
- Bishop’s University – Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
- Bloomfield College – Bloomfield, NJ
- Caldwell University – Caldwell, NJ
- California State University, Dominguez Hills – Carson, CA
- California State University, Fullerton – Fullerton, CA
- California State University, Monterey Bay – Seaside, CA
- California State University, Northridge – Los Angeles, CA
- California State University, San Marcos – San Marcos, CA
- Canadian Institute of Management and Technology – Ontario, Canada
- Carson-Newman University – Jefferson City, TN
- Central State University – Wilberforce, OH
- Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science – Los Angeles, CA
- Creighton University – Omaha, NE
- Culver-Stockton College – Canton, MO
- DLD College London – London, England
- Dominican College – Orangeburg, NY
- Dukes Education – London, England (High School)
- Emmanuel College – Boston, MA
- Fisk University – Nashville, TN
- Florida A&M University – Tallahassee, FL
- Florida International University – Miami, FL
- (FIU) Robert Stempel College of Public Health And Social Work – Miami, FL
- Georgia Southern University – Statesboro, GA
- Greenville University – Greenville, IL
- Hampton University – Hampton, VA
- King’s College – Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Lane College – Jackson, TN
- Larkin University – Miami, FL
- Loyola Marymount University – Los Angeles, CA
- Mercy College – Dobb’s Ferry, NY
- Mississippi Valley State University – Itta Bena, MS
- Monmouth University – Long Branch, NJ
- New Jersey Institute of Technology – Newark, NJ
- Northwest Suburban College – Rolling Meadows, IL
- Oxford International College – Oxford, England
- Plymouth State University – Plymouth, NH
- Royal Crown College – Toronto, Canada
- Royal Holloway, University of London – Egham, England
- Saint Elizabeth University – Morristown, NJ
- Schreiner University – Kerrville, TX
- Slippery Rock University – Slippery Rock, PA
- Springfield College – Springfield, MA
- Staffordshire University – Staffordshire, England
- Stetson University – DeLand, FL
- Stillman College – Tuscaloosa, AL
- Sungshin Women’s University – Seoul, South Korea
- State University of New York at Oswego – Oswego, NY
- State University of New York at Plattsburgh – Plattsburgh, NY
- University of Bridgeport – Bridgeport, CT
- University of Brighton – Brighton, England
- University of Chester – Chester, England
- University of East London – London, England
- University of Greenwich – London, England
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore – Princess Anne, MD
- University of Missouri-St. Louis – St. Louis, MO
- University of South Wales – Pontypridd, Wales
- University of Southampton – Southampton, England
- University of Sunderland – Sunderland, England
- University of the Fraser Valley – Abbotsford, British Columbia
- University of the Southwest – Hobbs, NM
- University of the West of England – Bristol, England
- University of West Florida – Pensacola, FL
- University of Wisconsin-Stout – Menomonie, WI
- Urbana University – Urbana, OH
- Valencia College – Orlando, FL
- Voorhees College– Denmark, SC
For more information about entering into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with AUA, please contact Troy Sherman, Manager of University Outreach, at [email protected].