UK Applicants Program Overview
- Apply to Medical School
- Admission Requirements
- Tuition and Financial Aid
- Webinars and Events
- International Applications
- Canadian Applicants
- Canadian Applicants
- Indian Applicants
- UK Applicants
- Resources for Prehealth and Premed Advisors
- Campus Tour
American University of Antigua College of Medicine is an international medical school that uses a medical curriculum that is comparable to curricula used in United States medical schools. AUA was created to give aspiring students an opportunity to study medicine in a welcoming and supportive environment. The AUA International Track offers students clinical placements in the UK.
AUA’s Doctor of Medicine (MD) program – 4.5 years comprising of:
- Pre-Clinical Sciences (Preclinical Sciences) at AUA campus in Antigua – 2 years
- Preclinical Science Integrated Course (BSIC) intersession at AUA campus in Antigua – 10 weeks; followed by USMLE Step I examination.
- Clinical Sciences consisting of clinical clerkships (Core and Electives) – 84 weeks at affiliated teaching hospitals in the United Kingdom*.
* Elective rotations are also available in the US, Canada, and India for eligible students.
Anjuli Kaur – Transfer From AUA to Warwick Medical School (WMS) Interview
Entry Requirements – UK applicants
Applicants from the UK should have completed Bachelors in Science (BSc) degree from an accredited university.
If you are an A-level student, learn more about the A level program here.
- Official transcripts of the qualifications still date (The degrees classification/transcript will need to undergo evaluation by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) members like FIS/WES).
- Two letters of recommendation:
- Academic source
- Professional source
- Passport-sized photo
- Personal statement
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Complete application form
UK Clinical Rotation Sites
- Lakeside Healthcare Group, UK
- University Hospitals of Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, UK
- Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, UK
- Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, UK
- Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust, UK
Tuition & Fees
Refer to the below link for details about the tuition and fees. Overall fees vary for UK applicants because of differences in the cost of living. Please contact the Admission Director for more details.
OUR PRE-MED PROGRAM
AICASA Premedical Program
AUA has an articulation agreement with the American International College of Arts and Sciences – Antigua (AICASA). Qualified students who complete premedical coursework at AICASA are guaranteed acceptance into AUA College of Medicine.
- Qualified high school graduates or students with 4 advanced Levels: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, and English (preferably with grades of A or B) are eligible to complete premedical coursework at AICASA.
- Non-degree courses can be taken to complete missing prerequisites and/or strengthen academic skills.
- Graduates receive an Associate of Science (AS) in Health Sciences.
- AICASA is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), a national accrediting body of degree-granting schools in the U.S.
Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE)
Manipal and Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) are words that immediately relate to excellence in higher education. Established over 6 decades ago, MAHE boasts of some of the finest institutions including Kasturba Medical College (KMC) and Manipal Institute of Technology. KMC is one of the best medical institutions in Asia and is synonymous with quality medical education in the world. State-of-the-art infrastructure and well qualified, experienced, and highly respected faculty have contributed to MAHE’s accomplishment in education and research. Students from over 59 countries successfully pursue their dreams in MAHE.