The only Caribbean medical school to secure this landmark agreement
Qualified American University of Antigua (AUA) College of Medicine students can complete all of their core clinical rotations at clinical sites affiliated with Florida International University – Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (FIU HWCOM) with FIU HWCOM faculty. In addition to the Clinical Clerkship Certificate program, AUA students have the opportunity to attend elective rotations at FIU. Those elective rotations include medical research projects.
This is an excellent and unique opportunity for qualified AUA students to augment their academic and clinical experience. Students are able to:
- Participate in rotations with and be evaluated by FIU HWCOM faculty
- Access FIU academic and recreational facilities
- Be exposed to top national and international faculty and guest speakers
Students who complete the Clinical Clerkship Certificate program will receive a:
- FIU HWCOM certificate program transcript
- Certificate of Completion, which indicates that they have completed their rotations at sites that have been approved by FIU HWCOM, a U.S. medical school*
*Students participating in the FIU program are AUA students and, upon graduation, will receive an MD from AUA.