AUA PROGRAM OVERVIEW FOR ASPIRING UK MEDICAL SCHOOL STUDENTS
American University of Antigua College of Medicine is an International Medical school that uses a Medical curriculum that is similar to curriculums used in UK, US and Canadian medical schools. AUA was created to give aspiring students an opportunity to study medicine in a welcoming and supportive environment. The AUA UK tract offers students clinical placements and training in the UK.
AUA’s Doctor of Medicine (MD) program – 4.5 years comprising of:
- Basic Sciences at AUA campus in Antigua – 2 years
- Basic Science Integrated Course (BSIC) intersession at AUA campus in Antigua – 10 weeks; followed by USMLE Step I examination.
- Clinical Sciences consisting of clinical clerkships (Core and Electives) – 84 weeks at affiliated teaching hospitals in the United Kingdom*.
* Elective rotations are also available in the US, Canada, and India for eligible students.
UK CLINICAL ROTATION SITES
Entry Requirements – UK applicants
Applicants from UK should have completed Bachelors in Science (BSc) degree from an accredited university.
- Official transcripts of the Bachelors degree from the university (The degrees classification/transcript will need to undergo evaluation by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) members like FIS/WES).
- Two letters of recommendation:
- Academic source
- Professional source
- Passport-sized photo
- Personal statement
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Complete application form
Refer to the below link for details about the tuition fees. Overall fees vary for UK applicants because of difference in cost of living. Please contact the Admission Director for more details.
Our Pre-Med Program
AICASA Premedical Program
AUA has an articulation agreement with American International College of Arts and Sciences – Antigua (AICASA). Qualified students who complete premedical coursework at AICASA are guaranteed acceptance into AUA College of Medicine.
- Qualified high school graduates are able to complete premedical coursework in 4 semesters.
- Non-degree courses can be taken to complete missing prerequisites and/or strengthen academic skills.
- Graduates receive an A.S. in Health Sciences.
- AICASA is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), a national accrediting body of degree-granting schools in the U.S.
Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE)
Manipal and MAHE are words that immediately relates to excellence in higher education. Established over 6 decades ago, MAHE boasts of some of the finest institutions including Kasturba Medical College (KMC) and Manipal Institute of Technology. KMC is one of the best medical institutions in Asia and is synonymous with quality medical education in the world. State-of-the-art infrastructure and well qualified, experienced and highly respected faculty have contributed to MAHE’s accomplishment in education and research. Students from over 59 countries successfully pursue their dreams in MAHE.