AUA Implements the Harvey® Life-sized Patient Simulator
American University of Antigua (AUA) is proud to announce that it will be implementing the use of the Harvey® Cardiopulmonary Patient Simulator at one of its Internal Medicine I / Family Practice I clinical sites, the Greater Miami Health Education Training Center.
The Harvey® was developed by The Gordon Center for Research in Medical Education at the University of Miami. The Harvey® is a life-sized mannequin that helps doctors and nurses as well as trains medical students and residents in diagnosing and treating cardiac conditions.
- Simulates 30 cardiac conditions (http://library.nymc.edu/HARVEY/Harvey.cfm)
- Talks to the physician during treatment and responds to queries
- Interactive real-time patient evaluations (including patient history, electrocardiograms, X-rays, etc.)
- Arterial and Jugular Venous Pulses
- Normal and abnormal breathing sounds
- Has cardiac and pulmonary auscultatory areas
The Harvey® is a step forward in medical research and is invaluable as a learning tool. Harvey® is an excellent tool for both instructor-guided learning and self-study. It complements the hand-on learning experience AUA students encounter when in direct contact with real patients.
To learn more about the Harvey®, please visit: http://www.gcrme.med.miami.edu/#/Harvey -major-changes
To learn more about the Internal Medicine I / Family Practice I semester, please visit: https://www.auamed.org/preliminary-clinical-training-thinc-medicine-01