Most medical aspirants wish to get into the best medical college for their further studies. But several questions may arise before they choose one, like; what will be the academic focus? What are the research opportunities available? What is campus life like? How intense will be the pressure? And many other questions.
AUA (American University of Antigua) stitches together all the questions and helps you make the right choice in achieving your career goals. For nearly two decades, the University has been training future physicians. It addresses the projected physician shortage in the USA, particularly in the areas of family medicine, primary care, and internal medicine. The world-class faculty there create a lively learning environment and ensure students are given hands-on training.
Let’s look at some of the factors which make AUA one of the best medical colleges.
1. Accreditations and Approvals
For many medical schools in the world, it takes decades to be rewarded and recognized by various councils. But, AUA’s commitment and dedication to upholding the highest academic standards have not gone unnoticed by several government jurisdictions, international accrediting bodies, and external agencies.
- Accredited by United States Department of Education
- Recognized by the Medical Board of California
- Approved by the New York State Education Department
- Licensed by Commission for Independent Education of the Florida Department of Education
- Accredited by the Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and other Health Professions
- Accepted by UK’s GMC (General Medical Council)
- Recognized by the Medical Council of India
- Recognized by AAPI (American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin)
- Member of the UNAI (United Nations Academic Impact)
- Listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools
- Member of the CUGH (Consortium of Universities for Global Health)
- Member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities
2. Two Groundbreaking Programs
In collaboration with FIU (Florida International University), AUA has two groundbreaking programs. Students can complete all their core clinical rotations hospitals affiliated with FIU’s HWCOM (Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine) with the Clinical Clerkship Certificate program. And the Global MD program by AUA provides students research opportunities, medical Spanish training and focuses on the social determinants of health at home and abroad.It also provides an extraordinary global healthcare experience. Students at the University are provided a 10-week course curriculum and clinical rotations at FIU affiliated hospitals during their 3rd and 4th years of study. This boosts their academic portfolio for residency applications in the future.
3. Paves the Way to Practice Medicine in the USA
We all recognize that not all international medical universities and schools are created equally. It is important to consider the accreditations while selecting a medical school. AUA’s curriculum, lectures, faculty, textbooks, and the entire school are regularly evaluated and held to the same standards as their USA and Canadian counterparts. This helps the students to practice medicine in the US and anywhere in the world.
4. State-of-the-art infrastructure
AUA offers modern facilities in its campus with a fully equipped library that can accommodate up to 750 students at once, huge lecture halls, anatomy and pathology labs, case simulation labs, education enhancement department, recreational sports areas, fitness center, cafeteria, and on-campus clinic. These facilities ensure an enhanced student life within the campus.
AUA isn’t just another Caribbean medical school. For many students, it is the first and perfect choice to start their career in medicine with unique experiences, exceptional training, incredible memories, and a mentality of hard work, empathy, and grit simply not found elsewhere in medical education.
AUA offers around 17 scholarships (mostly for the Caribbean programs) that range from award amounts from $ 2 500 (USD) – $ 86 500 (USD) for eligible pre-med students, US Military Veterans, Athletes, and more.
It also offers scholarships of around $ 86,500 to the Indian students. Follow the break-up below:
- $47,500 awarded in increments of $9,500 for each of the four basic sciences semesters plus intersession.
- $39,000 awarded in increments of $9,750 for each of the four clinical sciences semesters.
AUA in collaboration with Manipal Education and Medical Group provides opportunities in global medical education and research. This collaboration helps aspiring Indian medical students to pursue their BSc from Manipal for the first 2 years and later continue their medical study for the remaining 4.5 years at AUA. This becomes a big opportunity for medical aspirants to gain experience both in India and abroad along with obtaining practical knowledge during the clinical rotations. So, if you are planning to pursue MBBS abroad, then check out for AUA.
Admissions are open at AUA COM now. Click here for more details.