The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has approved all students attending AICASA and American University of Antigua College of Medicine to receive VA educational benefits. Eligible persons may receive Veteran Benefits* under one of the following:
Chapter 30 – Montgomery GI Bill
• Chapter 31 – Disabled Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Program*
• Chapter 32 – Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
• Chapter 33 – Post 9/11 GI Bill
• Chapter 35 – Dependents Educational Assistance Program
• Chapter 1606 – Montgomery GI Bill/Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program.
• Chapter 1607 – Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
We encourage all interested VA applicants to visit the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Please click here on the Road Map for Success to begin the process.
Once you have completed your Road Map to Success you will receive your Certificate of Eligibility, which you will need to submit to our VA representatives at the American University of Antigua.
AUA also offers to a select few veteran applicants a U.S. Military Veterans Recognition Grant, during the Preclinical Science Program, $2500 per semester. You will also need the following forms to apply:
- Form DD 214, Report of Separation or Discharge,
Or if you are a Reservist or National Guard member,
- Form DD 2384, Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE).
Students interested in either program should contact Erika Vargas at [email protected].
*Benefits will vary by program, so it’s important to visit the VA site for further details.