AUA recognizes the service and sacrifice of US military veterans. The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has approved VA educational benefits to all qualifying students attending AUA College of Medicine. If you served in the US Armed Forces, you may be eligible to receive benefits under one of these programs:
- Chapter 30 — Montgomery GI Bill
- Chapter 31 — Disabled Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Program*
- Chapter 32 — Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Chapter 33 — Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 35 — Dependents Educational Assistance Program
- Chapter 1606 — Montgomery GI Bill/Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program
- Chapter 1607 — Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
You can find more information about applying for these benefits by visiting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Just click on the Road Map for Success to begin the process.*Once you have completed your Road Map for Success, you will receive your Certificate of Eligibility, which you will need to submit to our Veterans Affairs representative, Ms. Erika Vargas at [email protected].
AUA offers veteran applicants a $2,500 US Military Veterans Recognition Grant during Basic Sciences. For further details about this opportunity please contact Ms. Karen Ash at [email protected].
*Benefits vary by state.