AUA College of Medicine, a division of Manipal Global Education Services, is the perfect choice for Indian students with a passion for medicine. Many Indian alumni are currently in residency or practicing throughout the United States and Canada.
Qualified students who complete premedical coursework at Manipal University in Manipal or American International College of Arts and Sciences – Antigua (AICASA) are guaranteed acceptance into AUA College of Medicine.
Premed Program (2 Years)
This program is ideal for high school graduates and nontraditional students who are committed to pursuing careers in medicine.
• Students may complete the program at Manipal University or AICASA.
• The curriculum provides a comprehensive approach to premedical training, emphasizing the development of critical thinking skills.
MD Program (4 Years)
The MD program consists of two components: Basic Sciences, taught at AUA’s high-tech campus in Antigua, and Clinical Sciences, which consists of core and elective rotations that allow students to apply their Basic Sciences knowledge to real-world situations at a affiliate teaching hospitals throughout the United States, Canada, and India.
A Basic Sciences Integration Course (BSIC) taught during 5th semester prepares students for the USMLE Step 1, which must be passed before proceeding to Clinical Sciences.
• Official transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary schools attended
• Two letters of recommendation:
– academic source
– professional source
• Passport-sized photo
• Personal statement
• Non-refundable application fee
• TOEFL or IELTS test score (if requested)
– The current overall cutoff score for the TOEFL is 109 (Internet-based total, or its equivalent on the Computer-based or Paper-based versions); and
– The current overall cutoff score for the IELTS is 7.5 (overall band score).
Scholarship for Indian Citizens and Residents
$96,500 scholarship broken down by:
• $10,000 scholarship awarded $2,500 per semester of the 4 semester AICASA pre-med program. For more information on AICASA’s Scholarship for Indian Citizens and Residents, click here.
• $47,500 scholarship awarded $9,500 per semester of the 5 basic science semesters of AUA College of Medicine MD program.
• $39,000 scholarship awarded $7,800 per semester of the 5 clinical science semesters of AUA College of Medicine MD program.
The scholarship does not include room, board, transportation, or education supplies
• All applicants must submit an application along with proof of residency in India (no older than two months from the application date), a copy of their passport, and a one-page personal statement indicating why they should be considered for the scholarship.
• Applicants who have taken college-level coursework in the United States or Canada are ineligible for this scholarship.
• Students must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress each semester to continue eligibility.
The American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI) Scholarship for Students of Indian Descent
AUA is the only medical school recognized by the American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI)
$25,000 Scholarship awarded $5000 per semester of 5 semesters of Basic Sciences. The scholarship does not include room, board, transportation, or educational supplies.
• Copy of passport
• Essay outlining their academic success and challenges, community service, and/or professional achievements and recognition
• Undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or higher and a prerequisite GPA of 3.25 or higher
• Students must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress each semester to continue eligibility
• Completed application form found here: AAPI